Orthodontics was founded to improve the appearance and alignment of a misaligned bite. If you are considering getting orthodontic work, here’s how it might help your smile:
– Orthodontics can space out crowded teeth so they are more evenly placed.
– Orthodontics can bring together teeth with gaps so they are next to each other once again.
– Orthodontics will correct the position of your top and bottom arches so that they meet evenly.
– Orthodontics will reduce your chances of dental damage or decay, as straighter teeth are less likely to harbor bacteria after cleaning them or to suffer cracks and chips.
– Orthodontics will improve the aesthetic appeal of your smile and even in some cases the shape of the face.
– Orthodontics will preserve the health of your jaw and reduce your chances of suffering from jaw disorders like TMD or bruxism.
– Orthodontics can help treat problems like a cleft lip and palate or cases of mild sleep apnea.
Orthodontic treatment can usually begin around the age of 12 years old. This usually involves adhering stainless steel spacers with an archwire to your teeth. These are called braces. Every six to eight weeks, you will visit your orthodontist, Dr. Kirby Nelson & Eugenia Lee for a cleaning and adjustment of the wires. Each adjustment will apply gradual force to your teeth, pushing them into ideal alignment over time.
If you or a member of your family need orthodontic treatment, you can call Kirby Nelson Orthodontics in North Bend, Washington at (425) 888-1896 for a personal consultation. With all the benefits, it’s easy to see why you might want to upgrade your smile.