If you are one who is trying to decide on the perfect appliance that will give you the smile you will love for a lifetime, this blog is perfect for you! There are many orthodontic appliances available in the world today, and many people get confused about the differences between clear braces and Invisalign®. To help you understand both appliances, we have provided these helpful facts:
• Clear braces are tooth-colored appliances that are glued to the front surfaces of your teeth, like traditional braces.
• The appliance blends in with your teeth, which gives you a natural look as you transform your smile.
• You will come into our office every few weeks, depending on your treatment plan, and get your appliance tightened and adjusted.
• This treatment is available to those with non-serious alignment problems as well as those with serious alignment problems.
• As you transform your smile, you will need to be cautious about the foods and drinks you consume, especially those that might stain your braces.
• Brushing and flossing will be a bit different than your traditional brushing and flossing techniques, but your orthodontist will give you the guidelines you need to be successful.
• Invisalign consists of multiple clear, plastic aligners that cover your teeth like a mouth guard would.
• The aligners are virtually invisible.
• As you go through treatment, you will come into our office and replace your aligners regularly. Each aligner will continue to move and change your smile.
• The aligners are removable.
• This treatment is only available to those who have non-serious alignment issues.
• With Invisalign, you are able to eat and drink whatever you would like, and you do not need to change the ways you floss and brush your teeth.
Call our office today and schedule an appointment with our orthodontist to finally talk about the best appliance for your smile. Now is the time to finally achieve your smile goals, and we are thrilled to help you along your orthodontic journey!